With this integration, institutions can now take advantage of using Single Sign On (SSO), Google Drive, Google Meet and Google Calendar functions from inside Classe365.
To enable this feature follow these steps :
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com. Login with your G Suite or Google Account.
- Click on Create Project to create a new project.
3. Give a name for the new project and select the G Suite Domain Name.Click Create to continue.
Note: Make sure you have selected the project created.
4. Ensuring that you have selected the project that you have just created. Click on Library, and under G Suite enable all the API's like Drive API, Calender API and Gmail API.
Select API section and enable.
Like wise enable all the API on G Suite
Note: Also enable Google Picker API to pick files/photos from Google Drive
5. Click on Credentials in the left navigation section. Ensure you are still on the right project at the top menu.
6. Click on Create Credentials > API Key. Copy the API Key. This will be used later,
7. Click on Create Credentials > OAuth client ID
Enable Web Application radio button, before this you may have to configure consent screen and fill only the required values
After having the Product name and Home page URL setup, use Save.
8. After the values are saved, you will be redirected to the page to create a Client ID.
- Chose the application type as Web Application
The redirect URI should be https://yourtenant.classe365.com. For example if your Classe365 domain is school.classe365.com then enter the value as https://school.classe365.com
NOTE: Ensure that you have https://
- If you have more than one school to create Single Sign On, enter each url in a new line.
- Click on Create client ID or save the values
9. The Client ID and Client secret will be shown as below. Copy these information
11. Login to Classe365 as admin. Go to the Settings -> App -> Google Apps
Insert the API Key, Client ID and Client Secret copied from Google Apps API Section
- Enable Google SSO checkbox, if you want users to sign in to Classe365 with their Google email account. Note that the primary email address of the user account should match Google Apps or Google email of the user.
- Enable Google Calendar Integration check box to enable users to Sync Classe365 events with Google Calendar.
Sign out and sign back in to see Google Sign-in button.
In some cases Google will force user to verify their application. To resolve this after creating the app you should submit the app for verification. You might need to fill up a form and submit the app for verification. After the app gets verified, such screen will not be displayed.
Please check below screenshot to get about how to submit the app for verification. We need to go OAuth consent screen, and then edit the app and there we will see Submit for Verification option in bottom.
If you need any help on this please write us to email@example.com